BOOSTING MOTIVATION AND ACHIEVEMENT
This workshop will help teachers implement a growth mindset curriculum, which has been proven to lead to greater motivation levels and higher achievement for students, in their classrooms. Through experiential and interactive activities, you’ll learn strategies to increase your own growth mindset as an educator, as well as how to develop and integrate the growth mindset philosophy in the classroom.
In this workshop, you’ll receive the the tools to implement a growth mindset curriculum that is super-easy, but offers big benefits for your classroom community. And you’ll leave with ready-to-go lessons that will help develop gritty, determined, self-reliant students who know that if they work hard enough they can and will accomplish great things.
Growth Mindset Flyer
For more information, download this pdf flyer.
Evansville, IN • September 25, 2018
Kim Strobel @ Executive Conference Center
Indianapolis, IN • October 2, 2018
Kim Strobel @ Ritz Charles Carmel
Merrillville, IN • October 4, 2018
Jamie Guillaume @ Hilton Garden Inn- Merrillville
Louisville, KY • November 7, 2018
Kim Strobel @ Hilton Garden Inn Louisville
Cincinnati, OH • November 13, 2018
Kim Strobel @ Holiday Inn Cincinnati Airport
Columbus, OH • November 15, 2018
Jamie Guillaume @ Courtyard Columbus West
Early Bird Pricing $189 *
* Early bird discount! Register 15 days in advance.
Who Should Attend?
- K-12 English-Language Arts Teachers
- K-12 Content-Area Teachers
- Literacy coaches and coordinators
- Title I teachers and directors
- ELL teachers
- Special education teachers
- K-12 gifted and talented teachers
- K-12 administrators (Principals, Assistant Principals, Curriculum Directors)
- Early bird discount! Register 15 days in advance.
- For room reservations, please mention “Strobel Education” to receive a discounted rate.
- Save $10/person: When you register with a team of 3 or more! Contact us to make arrangements for registration.
- Administrators attend FREE! With paid registration of at least one staff member, ONE administrator (building principal, assistant principal, curriculum director, or superintendent) may attend workshop at no charge. (Registration is still required and substitutions are not permitted.)
Continuing Education Credit/PGP
Participants may receive credit for 6 hours of professional development for each one-day workshop. At the conclusion of the day, or after online evaluations have been completed, attendees will receive a certificate of completion which can be used to verify attendance.
Learn what growth mindset is, how it impacts the learning process, and how implementing it in your classroom can lead to increased motivation and achievement.
- Growth Mindset vs. Fixed Mindset
- Establishing growth mindset beliefs
- Strengthening the brain as a muscle
- How students learn by doing, experiencing, and practicing
- Encouraging growth from productive struggle
- Skills are BUILT not born—they have to be earned
- How our words influence the culture
- The connection between ability and accomplishment
- Negative labels and how they work
- The dangers of praise and positive labels
- Creating a growth mindset culture
- What makes a great teacher
- How to talk about success and failure
- Tools for creating a growth mindset classroom
- Developing processes and procedures for promoting a positive classroom climate