This workshop will help teachers implement a growth mindset curriculum, which has been proven to lead to greater motivation levels and higher achievement for students, in their classrooms. Through experiential and interactive activities, we will learn strategies to increase our own growth mindsets as educators, as well as how to develop and integrate the growth mindset philosophy in your classroom. In this workshop, Kim will give you the tools to implement a growth mindset curriculum that is super-easy, but offers big benefits for your classroom community. And you’ll leave with ready-to-go lessons that will help develop gritty, determined, self-reliant students who know that if they work hard enough they can and will accomplish great things.
Fall 2017 Growth Mindset
Learn what growth mindset is, how it impacts the learning process, and how implementing it in your classroom can lead to increased motivation and achievement.
• Growth Mindset vs. Fixed Mindset
• Establishing growth mindset beliefs
• Strengthening the brain as a muscle
• How students learn by doing, experiencing, and practicing
• Encouraging growth from productive struggle
• Skills are BUILT not born—they have to be earned
• How our words influence the culture
• The connection between ability and accomplishment
• Negative labels and how they work
• The dangers of praise and positive labels
• Creating a growth mindset culture
• What makes a great teacher
• How to talk about success and failure
• Tools for creating a growth mindset classroom
• Developing processes and procedures for promoting a positive classroom climate
You will leave this workshop with Ready-Made Lesson Plans and a Digital Bundle of Resources for easy implementation.
YOU HAVE TO MODEL WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A LEARNER
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
Kim Strobel is a dedicated educator who understands what teachers need. Her magnetic personality and genuine presentation style captivate audiences everywhere she goes. Her enthusiasm is contagious. You’ll love her!
The buzz sweeping the education world about Kim Strobel is real. And, it’s no surprise that teachers and administrators are lining up to see her presentations. Simply put, she’s absolutely fantastic. Not only is she a thought leader and expert in her field, but more than that, she’s deeply passionate about helping teachers make a lifelong difference in the lives of students.
Kim is so energetic and enthusiastic that she won us over from the very beginning. She is refreshing and her knowledge and ability to explain is wonderful. I left feeling motivated to reenter the classroom, and summer has just begun!
I’m telling you, this literacy trainer is awesome! If you have a chance to attend yourself and/or get teachers to go, it would be extremely worth it. I contracted with her several times when I was the professional development coordinator for the Southern Indiana Education Center, and the teachers and literacy coaches who attended couldn’t get enough of her!
Simply put, I have never worked with a consultant that so completely wins over all teachers and so quickly influences their thinking and teaching strategies